HUMAN: a film review



I'm so excited to be starting my blog with something as brilliant as this film by the genius Yann Arthus-Bertrand.

Humans is an incredible piece of art and an incredible showcasing of humanity. It is a film with hundreds of humans of the world talking about love, poverty, morality and just life. But more than that I feel that it is a lesson of empathy, morality, and compassion but also rage, anger and violence. Of course the collection of wondrous Nature and beautiful cinematography in between the 'themes’ of discussions depicts a different perspective of countries. 


I am awe struck by how every single participant in the film had a (as cheesy as it sounds) life changing lesson to teach me, both examples of what I should aspire to be or what I should. I feel that it will be a massive eye opening experience for people here, as it was for me. Because no matter how many movies or novels one reads, they are, more often than not, not entirely true and there is a certain element of detachment from reality. But sitting for hours watching an immense diversity of people in a close up, to which you can read every minuscule change and shift in emotion, it really does feel like you are connecting with every single of them and really understand on a deeper level of their turmoil and their struggles. 


I feel like many people are quite oblivious to the everyday struggle of people who do not have much, for example, there was a lady who’s life job is to look at glass, whether it is clean or not. She does this day in and day out, every single day. This really made me think of all the times I have used a glass, of any kind, and have not given a thought to how this came to be, but for that lady her life revolves around that. What a difference our lives are. But she is no more deserving, more likely even more so than me.
Our history lessons teach us that appalling factory conditions like low pay with horrendous hours, oppressing pressure, utterly restricted bathroom breaks existed (past tense being the emphasis here) in the Victorian times but they failed to mention that in other countries around the world these conditions are very much dominant and dictate not only their jobs but their lives.
Another gentleman from Aborigine, Australia said the words “please” and “thank you” does not exist in his language because it is a given and is expected of everyone to share what they have to those who do not. It seems a rather obvious principle to live by but our society has become, or maybe it always was, selfish and self-centered. As an English student, this is an enlightening and profound thing to have learnt.

I feel very strongly with my entire core that more awareness needs to be raised regarding the realities of people’s lives around the world and, finally, turn to the humanity in us to help our fellow humans and our Earth that does everything to provide for us. This film has reminded me of what I had so foolishly forgotten, in my childhood I lived in Mongolia and I did see first hand people's toils like my family's poverty, the constant state of moving to better accommodate odd jobs, even abuse among other things, therefore I will most definitely try harder to become more selfless and more kind.

Share your story with the hashtag #WhatMakesUsHuman

Find out more on http://www.human-themovie.org/ You will not regret it 

peace ☮ ✌



Comments

  1. I'm gonna go watch this, this review was written so beautifully 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad! you're going to definitely love it :D much love and much thanks -a

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts